A pandemic is one of our highest risks. It occurs when a new virus spreads easily from person to person.
What are we doing in North Yorkshire?
We work together to plan for:
- Management of the demand on the NHS and social care.
- Distribution of anti-viral medication to the public.
- Vaccination with the newly developed pandemic vaccine once available.
- Public awareness.
- Making plans to deal with the potential number of deaths.
- Making sure individual organisations have their own business continuity plans in place to cope in times of staff shortage.
Where can you get further information?
Visit the NHS website
NHS Direct 111
NHS Direct (Text Phone) 0845 6064647